4 Month-Old Human Lung SFTPC, ABCA3, and ACTA2 Confocal Imaging
Donor Tissue Kindly Provided by Dr. Gloria Pryhuber from the University of Rochester Medical Center
Purpose: Stain slides of 7µm frozen sections of human lung for SFTPC, ABCA3, and ACTA2 with antigen retrieval.
- Paraffin sections are placed at 60oC for 2 hours to overnight to melt paraffin.
- Paraffin sections are then placed in xylene 3X for 10 minutes each, followed by 3X in 100% ETOH for 3 minutes each, 95% ETOH for 3 minutes each, and 70% ETOH for 3 minutes each. Slides are then placed in 1X PBS for 5 minutes to completely rehydrate tissue.
- Briefly equilibrate slides in Antigen Retrieval Buffer.
- Antigen retrieval, pH 6.0 (times will vary according to microwave).
- 10 mM sodium citrate, pH 6.0, and heat in a microwave at 96oC. *We usually do a series of three runs (6-7 minutes each run) to equal the time/temp because of evaporation (refill coplin jars with dH2O).
- Microwave according to instructions on microwave.
- Cool on countertop, 15 min.
- Rinse with dH2O
- 1X PBS, 5 min.
- Block in 4% Goat serum/PBS-T, 2 hours at RT.
- For Rabbit SFTPC (RB 458 in House, BL 3-23-11) dilute 1:500, for mouse anti-ABCA3 (WMAB-17G524, Seven Hills Bioreagents) dilute 1:100, for mouse anti-ACTA2 (α Smooth muscle actin, A5228, Sigma) dilute 1:2000 in blocking buffer. Spin down in µfuge for 10 minutes and incubate on tissue overnight @ 4oC.