We previously developed “LungGENS”, a web site for mapping single cell gene expression in the developing lung. Initial phases of the webtool were built based on single cell RNAseq data from normal fetal mouse lung at E16.5. Web statistics indicated that “LungGENS” is well received and visited by research investigators worldwide. With the continued support from the “LungMAP” consortium, transcriptome data derived from different technique platforms, species and lung development stages are quickly expanding. We now extend the scope and contents of the LungGENS database to accommodate heterogeneous data structures and types. We present “LGEA web portal” (Lung Gene Expression Analysis web portal), an extended version of LungGENS web portal for analyses of lung gene expression patterns and mapping cell types in the developmental lung from single cells, sorted cell populations and whole tissue developmental studies.
LGEA implements a number of new features and analytical methods. It allows the analysis of 1 ) single cell transcriptomes using LungGENS; 2) sorted lung cell populations using LungSortedCells; 3) Lung Developmental Time Course analysis using LungDTC and 4) Lung Disease analysis LungDisease.
- Introduction of LungMAP -- Dr.Jeffrey Whitsett
- 4-11-2018: LGEA added in mouse P10 scRNA-seq dataset.
- 3-13-2018: LGEA has been selected to be featured in Feburary issue, Editors' Picks section of Biomedical Advances.
- 3-12-2018: Check out our book chapter: Single-Cell Transcriptome Analysis Using SINCERA Pipeline.
- 2-5-2018: LGEA added in mouse time course protein dataset in LungProteomics panel.
- 2-5-2018: LGEA added in mouse P14 scRNA-seq dataset and mouse PND1 Drop-seq dataset in LungGENS panel.