We previously developed “LungGENS”, a web site for mapping single cell gene expression in the developing lung. Initial phases of the webtool were built based on single cell RNAseq data from normal fetal mouse lung at E16.5. Web statistics indicated that “LungGENS” is well received and visited by research investigators worldwide. With the continued support from the “LungMAP” consortium, transcriptome data derived from different technique platforms, species and lung development stages are quickly expanding. We now extend the scope and contents of the LungGENS database to accommodate heterogeneous data structures and types. We present “LGEA web portal” (Lung Gene Expression Analysis web portal), an extended version of LungGENS web portal for analyses of lung gene expression patterns and mapping cell types in the developmental lung from single cells, sorted cell populations and whole tissue developmental studies.
LGEA implements a number of new features and analytical methods. It allows the analysis of 1 ) single cell transcriptomes using LungGENS; 2) sorted lung cell populations using LungSortedCells; 3) Lung Developmental Time Course analysis using LungDTC and 4) Lung Disease analysis LungDisease.
- Introduction of LungMAP -- Dr.Jeffrey Whitsett
- 10-29-2018: LGEA added in a study of Distinct Mesenchymal Lineages and Niches Promote Epithelial Self-Renewal and Myofibrogenesis in the Lung from Morrisey's Lab in LGEA-ExternalData panel. Check out its analyses: Gene query and Cell type query.
- 9-10-2018: LGEA added in mouse PND3 dropseq dataset and human PND1 dropseq dataset .
- 9-7-2018: Check out our recent publication MEG3 is increased in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and regulates epithelial cell differentiation.
- 8-13-2018: Video: SLICE and single cell Entrope -- Dr.Minzhe Guo