We previously developed “LungGENS”, a web site for mapping single cell gene expression in the developing lung. Initial phases of the webtool were built based on single cell RNAseq data from normal fetal mouse lung at E16.5. Web statistics indicated that “LungGENS” is well received and visited by research investigators worldwide. With the continued support from the “LungMAP” consortium, transcriptome data derived from different technique platforms, species and lung development stages are quickly expanding. We now extend the scope and contents of the LungGENS database to accommodate heterogeneous data structures and types. We present “LGEA web portal” (Lung Gene Expression Analysis web portal), an extended version of LungGENS web portal for analyses of lung gene expression patterns and mapping cell types in the developmental lung from single cells, sorted cell populations and whole tissue developmental studies.
LGEA implements a number of new features and analytical methods. It allows the analysis of 1 ) single cell transcriptomes using LungGENS; 2) sorted lung cell populations using LungSortedCells; 3) Lung Developmental Time Course analysis using LungDTC and 4) Lung Disease analysis LungDisease.
- Introduction of LungMAP -- Dr.Jeffrey Whitsett
- 8-28-2017: LGEA added in mouse P28 scRNA-seq dataset.
- 8-28-2017: Check out our new section: "LungProteomics" and human protein dataset.
- 8-2-2017: Check out our paper: SLICE : Guo M, Bao EL, Wagner M, Whitsett JA, Xu Y. SLICE: determining cell differentiation and lineage based on single cell entropy. Nucleic acids research 2017;45(7):e54.
- 7-19-2017: LGEA added in mouse P3 scRNA-seq dataset.
- 5-8-2017: LGEA added in mouse P7 scRNA-seq dataset and Human iPSC-derived NKX2-1 lung scRNA-seq dataset from Kotton Lab.