Donor Tissue Kindly Provided by Dr. Gloria Pryhuber from the University of Rochester Medical Center
Immunofluorescence- AGER, PECAM1, NKX2.1
Purpose: Stain slides of 7µm frozen sections of postnatal human lung from HTC for AGER, PECAM1, NKX2.1 with antigen retrieval.
- For Frozen tissue, rinse 2X in PBS, then 5 min in 4% PFA/PBS, then rinse 1X in PBS.
- Briefly equilibrate slides in Antigen Retrieval Buffer.
- Antigen retrieval, pH 6.0 (times will vary according to microwave).
- 10 mM sodium citrate, pH 6.0, and heat in a microwave at 96oC. *We usually do a series of three runs (6-7 minutes each run) to equal the time/temp because of evaporation (refill coplin jars with dH2O).
- Microwave according to instructions on microwave.
- Cool on countertop, 15 min.
- Rinse with dH2O
- 1X PBS, 5 min.
- Block in 4% Donkey serum/PBS-T, 2 hours at RT.
- For goat anti-AGER (AF1145, R&D Systems) dilute 1:100, For mouse anti-PECAM1 (CD31 , BBA7, R&D Systems) dilute 1:100, For Rabbit anti-NKX2.1 (RB TTF-1 1231, Lot# 0912A) dilute 1:500 in blocking buffer. Spin down in µfuge for 10 min, apply to tissue and incubated O/N @ 4oC.
- Rinse slides in PBS-T 3X, 5 min.
- Apply secondary antibody , Donkey Alexa Fluor 488 anti-goat IgG (A11055, Lot# 1687906, anti-AGER ) at 1:200, Donkey Alexa Fluor 568 anti-mouse IgG (A10037, lot# 1752099, anti-PECAM1) at 1:200, Donkey Alexa Fluor 647 anti-rabbit IgG (A31573, anti-1) at 1:200 in blocking buffer. Spin down in µfuge for 10 min, apply to tissue and incubated at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Rinse in PBS-T 3X, 5 min.
- Dilute DAPI 1:2000 and apply to slides for 10 min.
- Wash in PBS-T 3X, 5 min.
- Rinse slides in 0.1M PB or TB, 3X, 5 min.
- Add 1 drop of Prolong Gold anti-fade mounting medium (P36930).
- Coverslip with Gold Seal Coverslip (Cat# 3422 Electron Microscopy Sciences, 22 X 22 mm).
- Allow Prolong Gold to cure overnight at room temp in light sealed box.
- Store slides in a light-sealed box at 4oC.
Age: 2 Years
Gestational Age at Birth: 36 weeks
Antigen Retrieval Solution
18ml Solution A- 0.1M Citric Acid (Sigma, C1909) pH 2.5
82ml Reagent B- 0.1M Sodium Citrate (Sigma, S4641 ) pH 8.2