Postnatal Day 14 C57BL6 SFTPC, pHIST3H3, and ACTA2 Confocal Imaging
- For Frozen tissue, rinse 2X in PBS, then 5 min in 4% PFA/PBS, then rinse 1X in PBS.
- Briefly equilibrate slides in Antigen Retrieval Buffer.
- Antigen retrieval, pH 6.0 (times will vary according to microwave).
- 10 mM sodium citrate, pH 6.0, and heat in a microwave at 96oC. *We usually do a series of three runs (6-7 minutes each run) to equal the time/temp because of evaporation (refill coplin jars with dH2O).
- Microwave according to instructions on microwave.
- Cool on countertop, 15 min.
- Rinse with dH2O
- 1X PBS, 5 min.
- Block in 4% Donkey serum/PBS-T, 2 hours at RT.
- For Rabbit anti- SFTPC (RB458, BL 8/24/11) dilute 1:1000. For goat pHISH3 (SC-12927, Lot # L2013, Santa Cruz) dilute 1:500, for mouse anti- ACTA2 (A5228, Sigma) dilute 1:2000 in blocking buffer. Spin down in µfuge for 10 min, apply to tissue and incubated O/N @ 4oC.
- Rinse slides in PBS-T 3X, 5 min.
- Apply secondary antibody , Donkey Alexa Fluor 488 anti-rabbit IgG (A21206, Lot# 1387792, for anti-SFTPC), Donkey Alexa Fluor 568 anti-goat IgG (A11057, Lot# 1235787, anti-pHISH3) at 1:200, Donkey Alexa Fluor 647 anti-mouse IgG A31571, Lot# 1366514, anti-ACTA2) at 1:200, in blocking buffer. Spin down in µfuge for 10 min, app